Faculty Pool - Movement Anatomy Instructor
Notice: This job posting is no longer active.
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
Stanbridge University (Alhambra, CA) is conducting a search for a qualified faculty member to provide instruction in the discipline of Human Anatomy and Physiology and/or Kinesiology with an emphasis on muscle movements and biomechanics. Reporting to the OTA Site Coordinator, faculty member is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and delivering didactic and/or lab instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods while promoting student retention and satisfaction. Faculty member is also responsible for assessing student performance during the assigned course and documenting all course-related activities within the timelines established by the university.
December 26th, 2018
- Delivers class instruction effectively by utilizing course syllabi and materials that are provided.
- Delivers student-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement while effectively planning and preparing for instruction and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Assesses student work in a timely fashion and conveys feedback to students.
- Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and administering academic and attendance policies.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Energetic, engaging personality appropriate for classroom and/or lab instruction
- Previous teaching experience is preferred
- Computer literacy.
- Experience with therapy related fields or other clinical practice.
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree with appropriate coursework in Anatomy and Physiology and/or Kinesiology and/or
- A minimum of eight years of practical work experience and college level coursework in the subject area.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.