Master's Thesis Statistician
Notice: This job posting is no longer active.
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of master's thesis statistician. Reporting to the scientific writing specialist in the Learning Resource Center, the incumbent provides support to master's thesis students and faculty. The incumbent provides consultative services in the design, proposal, collection, and analysis of quantitative and mixed-methods data related to master's thesis courses and student thesis-related work.
December 26th, 2018
- Advise thesis advisors and students on statistical design and analysis.
- Collaborate with thesis advisors and students to resolve questions related to the use of statistics in the proposal, data collection, and analysis of quantitative and mixed-methods research.
- Participate in on-campus, in-person meetings with students, faculty, and administration.
- Demonstrated excellence statistical and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, IBM SPSS Statistics, and Dedoose software
- Proficient in web-based meeting platforms
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communication effectively when articulating complex concepts to non-content experts
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong work ethic
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described herein are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment, and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.