Front Desk Receptionist
Notice: This job posting is no longer active.
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
Reporting to the Associate Directors of Admissions, the Front Desk Receptionist for Admissions is responsible for maintaining the Admissions office services through effective and efficient coordination of daily operations. The right candidate must be a self-starter who is people-oriented and gets along well within a team. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
April 16th, 2019
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Responsible for the gathering and management of data pertaining to the Admissions department.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Manage electronic and physical files for all incoming cohorts including supplying and tracking missing documents
- Participates as needed in special department projects and cover the main reception desk as needed.
- Assist with the coordinating, planning and implementation of all department-related meetings/functions.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings and distribute accordingly.
- Schedule would be as follows: Monday 4:00pm to 8:00pm Tuesday 4:00pm to 8:00pm Thursday 4:00pm to 8:00pm Saturday 8:45am to 2:00pm
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalency.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office procedures and office equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and produce reports under strict guidelines.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, task-oriented projects, and details simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.