Accounting Assistant - Bookkeeper
Orange County/Irvine, CAApply Now
Stanbridge University is seeking a dynamic candidate with excellent organizational skills to join our Accounting Department as a Bookkeeper. The right candidate must be a highly motivated and organized individual, who can handle a variety of sensitive matters in a professional, mature, and discrete manner. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing college.
January 17th, 2019
- Maintain Purchase Order processing system
- Ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals
- Manage employee credit card charges
- Process Accounts Payable
- Enter A/R Items
- Assist with payroll system and payroll related items
- Assist with 401(k) system management
- Data Entry
- Perform clerical duties such as mailings and filing
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required.
- Must possess an Associates degree in accounting or related field
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Must be highly skilled in use of QuickBooks, MS Excel and MS Word
- Must have very good verbal and written skills
- Must have excellent work habits especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.