Financial Aid Officer
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CAApply Now
Stanbridge University is seeking a well-rounded Financial Aid Officer candidate to join our Financial Aid team. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is people-oriented and gets along well within a team.
April 16th, 2019
- Adhere to the highest standards of compliance in performing all aspects of financial aid.
- Adhere to the highest standards of customer service when dealing with students.
- Responsible for turnkey student packaging all Title IV eligible programs.
- Responsible for packaging all Campus Based Programs (Federal Work Study Program)
- Work cohesively with Admissions Representatives in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Able to develop award letters in concert with Institute procedures and knowledge of Federal regulations.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSA and review the resulting ISIR.
- Assign the appropriate budget to a student and package the student as well as ensure that aid is paid to students' accounts in a timely manner.
- Responsible for complete and accurate files and paperwork, certify loan applications, and complete Verification and C Code Requirements.
- Assist with entrance, exit, and financial literacy counseling as needed
- Direct Loan certification.
- Assist students with institutional payment plans.
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited college.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Title IV Financial Aid.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.