Career Service Officer
Orange County/Irvine, CAApply Now
Stanbridge University is seeking a motivated candidate to add to our Career Services Department. We are looking for a self-starter who is people-oriented and gets along well within a team. You will also wear additional hats including responsibility for and assisting with resume critiquing, interview skills development, meeting with students and most importantly responsibility for nurturing students while assisting them with getting a job.
April 16th, 2019
- Develop job leads for students via cold calling, email and in person job development
- Advise and assist students on job search, resume writing, and interviewing skills.
- Achieve departmental goals for placement and employer development.
- Previous job development and recruiting experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with diverse audiences
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Experience in career placement in proprietary school sector desired.
- Knowledge of information technology, nursing, and therapy industries a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.