Financial Aid AssociateApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
This person will provide customer service to students and families; perform general office duties; prepare student correspondences; assist students and families with completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and inbound/outbound call support for the Financial Aid department.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
- Provide assistance and information to students applying for financial aid
- Answer telephones
- Interpret and explain related rules, policies, procedures and regulations
- Inbound and outbound call support for FA:
- FAFSA walk through or meeting time, phone and/or web conferencing
- Assist students in the completion of financial aid application
- Review documentation
- Schedule interview appointments.
- FA meeting reminders
- FA meeting preparation
- FASFA incomplete follow-up
- FA meeting no-show follow-up FAOs or Reps
- Outbound call attempts for FAFSA completion prior to FA meetings/after 1st Admissions meetings
- Support prospective students and parents
- Excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Office practices and procedures.
- Basic math and calculations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Record keeping and filing practices and procedures.
- Word processing, spreadsheet and database computer software.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse student population, faculty, staff, outside agencies and the public.
- Maintain confidentiality of files and records.
- Understand, interpret and apply laws, regulations and program procedures.
- Work as a team member with minimal direct supervision.
- Manage a high-volume workload and work under pressure.
- Operate a computer, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation, in a classroom setting or other campus environment.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.