Financial Aid Audit & Compliance OfficerApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid Compliance and Graduate Audit, the Financial Aid Audit & Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring files are complete, accurate and compliant with all Federal, State, and internal rules, regulations and policies. The right candidate must have the ability to proactively identify problems and seek solutions by utilizing resources provided by the Department of Education as well as using critical thinking skills. Must have ability to obtain, analyze, and apply data.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Apr 5th, 2021
- Reviews, verifies, and assesses applications and supporting documents in accordance with established guidelines to verify financial aid eligibility.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Title IV regulatory requirements, including those applicable to both credit hour and clock hour programs.
- Responds to staff inquiries, researches and educates financial aid staff on compliance of federal laws and accreditation standards involving student records and the integrity of the academic records.
- Assist in managing a risk-based quality control program that provides continuous monitoring of the University's financial aid performance to assure compliance with regulatory compliance procedures. This includes transaction testing, reporting, deficiency tracking and remediation.
- Work collaboratively and independently to enhance process compliance and robustness across institutions resulting in improved quality, integrity, compliance and financial performance.
- Ensure institutional integrity and ethical standards, monitoring and implementing regulations that govern financial aid program.
- Provide support in the due diligence compliance assessment activities for federal, state and provincial laws and regulations in merger and acquisition activity. Cultivate a positive work environment.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Title IV Financial Aid.
- Knowledge of institutional, accrediting, state, and federal standards, laws, and/or regulations for higher education.
- Proficient or intermediate knowledge in Windows OS, Excel, Outlook, Word and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Knowledgeable of Verification and C Code requirements and Professional Judgment and Special Circumstance cases.
- Knowledgeable in Refund Calculation and Return to Title IV Funds Processing.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and professionally.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise sound judgment.
- Have strong communication, organization, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of multi-cultural, diverse environments and college students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While on-campus faculty, staff, and students will engage in daily self-monitoring which will include COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat or a new loss of taste or smell.
- Faculty, staff, and students are required to wear face coverings when on campus.
- Telework/ Remote work is available temporarily for non-essential operations due to COVID-19.
- Standard office setting..
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.