Nursing Skills and Simulation Lab InstructorApply Now
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
The Nursing Skills and Simulation Lab Instructor joins an elite School of Nursing team responsible for promoting a culture of educational effectiveness and excellence of student learning outcomes in nursing education. The Nursing Skills and Simulation Lab Instructor is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the effective use of the university's nursing skills and simulation labs including coordinating learning activities, monitoring student learning and remediation, lab training, inventory and equipment control, and overall lab effectiveness. A successful candidate will meet the required qualifications and present with a teaching and professional philosophy that is aligned with the university's core values of delivering a diversified, innovative, and high-quality education. Stanbridge University welcomes and seeks candidates who demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting accessibility, inclusivity, diversity, and equity in education and have experience in educating a diverse study body.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Apr 21st, 2021
- Advances the university's and program's mission and objectives through systematic evaluation of program review and student learning outcomes.
- Provides support to the program for the development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of the program's curriculum plan in accordance with institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Coordinates all laboratory functions including classroom lectures, skills laboratory activities, and student practice activities.
- Assumes responsibility and provides instruction and supervision of students in the laboratory setting.
- Participates and/or develops critical thinking scenarios for the classroom and for use in the nursing skills laboratory.
- Promotes problem-solving and critical thinking skills in the learning and practice of nursing skills.
- Participates and/or develops scenarios for low and high-fidelity simulations in the nursing skills laboratory and sim lab.
- Remains current in the assigned subject matter and techniques of effective instruction through recent clinical experience and/or professional development.
- Ensures the maintenance of orderly, clean, and organized laboratories.
- Ensures safety and proper care in the use and maintenance of all lab equipment and supplies.
- Participates in faculty committees in accordance with the university's policies of shared governance and contributes to the improvements of the labs and student learning.
- Participates in the School of Nursing's meetings, events, and ceremonies.
- Assignment may be at various campus locations; days, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Hold a current California active license as a Registered Nurse; and
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an approved college or university; and
- Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years, which can be met by one (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse or one (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience in using a computer, the Internet and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Current Malpractice Insurance Certificate, BLS, PPD, and proof of an annual physical.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.