Faculty Pool - DVM, Veterinary Instructor
Orange County/Irvine, CAApply Now
Stanbridge University is seeking qualified faculty to join our Veterinary Technology Program with a starting hourly wage of $45.00, part-time. Reporting to the Veterinary Technology Program Director, the instructor is responsible for assisting in developing curriculum and teaching in the Veterinary Technology Program, as well as assisting future program planning, development, and maintaining accreditation.
January 17th, 2019
- Work effectively with diverse populations
- Teach any assigned courses and act as a substitute instructor as needed
- Provide advice to the institution on program structure and continuous improvement to program curriculum
- Recommend program equipment, supplies, library materials, textbooks, and other items for purchase and use; monitor the safety and quality of instructional materials.
- Manage special projects as formally assigned by the Program Director (including, but not limited to new student orientation programs and open houses, assistance with accreditation preparation, campus events, and supervision of staff)
- Assist with the establishment and coordination of externship sites; monitor student placement and performance at externship sites
- Identify and refer at-risk students to specific academic support services
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain good working relations with all clinical affiliates
- Investigates and provides suggested solutions to student and staff issues
- Assist campus admissions in the recruitment/selection of students for the program.
- Attend faculty meetings
- Represent the Institution at professional activities
- Enhance current knowledge and skills through attending conferences, classes, reading journals and independent study
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with State and Federal regulations as well as College policies and procedures
- A credentialed veterinary technician who must have graduated from an AVMA-accredited program
- Minimum four years of experience in the field of veterinary medicine
- One year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities (preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced MS Office skills preferred
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.