Ready to learn more about the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree program? To get started, please attend one of the information sessions offered on campus. Click here to sign up for the next available session.
If you are ready to begin your application process, you may use the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service (OTCAS). Click here to start the OTCAS application.
Applicants must meet the following deadlines for the next start date. OTACAS will begin accepting applications for this program in mid-July. Applicant deadlines subject to change.
||Monday, February 26, 2018
||December 2017 - March 2018
||Friday, March 30, 2018
|New Student Orientation
||Tuesday - Thursday, July 31, 2018 - August 2, 2018
|Start of Class
||Monday, August 6, 2018
Prospective applicants must provide and complete the following to apply.
1. A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2A. For General Applicants: Successful completion of all prerequisite courses with a grade of C or higher. Each prerequisite course must be equivalent to 3 semester or 4.5 quarter credits and must have been completed within five years of the date of planned enrollment:
|Human Anatomy (with laboratory)*
|One course in Anthropology or Sociology
|Introduction to Statistics
||Lifespan or Developmental Psychology
*If Human Anatomy and Physiology are taken as a combined course, they must be taken for two consecutive terms and must have a laboratory course in each term.
2B. For Applicants Bridging from Other Healthcare and Human Services Fields: Some time limits on prerequisites may be waived if applicants have been continually employed or licensed/certified in certain healthcare or human services fields (OTA, PTA, Chiropractor, Acupuncturist, Athletic Trainer, etc.) since completion of the undergraduate program. Applicants will need to provide documentation for admission to the MSOT program.
3. An official Graduate Record Exam report with the following preferred minimum scores is required of all applicants who do not have a master's or doctoral degree:
||144 or higher
||150 or higher
||3.5 or higher
Please use GRE Code 2057 to submit your official GRE Scores to the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS).
4. A minimum of thirty (30) hours of documented volunteer experience or observation in an occupational therapy-related or other health care setting. At least sixteen (16) of the thirty (30) total hours must be in direct observation of an Occupational Therapist Registered/Licensed (OTR/L) in a practice setting.
5. An application essay to be submitted as a writing sample. The content of the application essay will be specified during the application process.
6. Successful completion of an interview with the Program Director or designate.
7. Three letters of recommendation from faculty members, therapists, and employers.
8. Applicants who have earned their baccalaureate degree from an institution of higher education in a non-English speaking country must provide an official transcript of record demonstrating proficiency in English. For this purpose, applicants must obtain the minimum score on one of the following examinations:
(School TOEFL Code # 6716)
(Test of English as a Foreign Language)
|470 paper-based format
150 computer-based format
52 internet-based format
||Level 6 and recommendation
|AOI College Of Languages
||Level 6 and certificate
|Step Eiken Test
||Step level 2A
|American Language Program
|Level 105 and recommendation
|GEOS English Academy
||Level 6 and recommendation
Potential Impact of a Felony Conviction on a Graduate's Eligibility for Certification and Credentialing.
All students must sign a release form confirming knowledge of the felony conviction on eligibility for certification and credentialing. Please click here to see the form. Please note, students will sign this form during their orientation.
Questions? Please contact our Admissions Representatives at 888-789-6208 if you have any questions regarding the admissions process for this program.