Schedule & Courses
Schedule & Courses
180 Quarter Credit Hours * (The approximate time to complete the program will vary according to the start and end dates of a cohort and ranges from 23 – 24 months, including school and national holidays, breaks between terms and a two week break in December.)
*Note: Completion of the 90 total quarter hours of credit, when added to the 90 quarter hours of transferred credit from the required Associate’s Degree, will total the 180 quarters hours of credit required for a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. For more information, please read the Stanbridge University Catalog.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Online Degree Completion) Courses
- Role Transformation in Nursing
- Health Promotion through the Life Cycle
- Theoretical Models in Nursing
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Health Informatics
- Business Communication in Healthcare
- Cultural Identity and Diversity
- Principles of Teaching
- Pathopharmacology I
- Pathopharmacology II
- Ethics in the Life Sciences
- Leadership, Economics and Management
- Advanced Physical Assessment *
- Community-Based Nursing **
- Statistics for the Social Sciences
- Nursing Research
* This course includes 16 hours of instruction on campus.
** This course includes a clinical component of 75 hours.
Before you get started, read below about prerequisites, credit transfers and the application process itself. Applications are free and accepted on an open enrollment basis.
Mission & Goals
- Prior to applying to Stanbridge University, please contact our Admissions office at 888-378-6676 or contact us here. Our Admissions Representatives will guide you through confirming your prerequisites and application.
- Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Online Degree Completion) program at Stanbridge University begins with having both a current RN licensure from the state in which you practice and associate’s degree (Associate of Arts or Associate of Science) program from an accredited institution. Your Admissions Representative will ask you to send official transcripts from all universities or colleges and post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended prior to Stanbridge University (attention: Registrar). Please read the current Stanbridge University Catalog for more information.
- We also recommend you take the Online Learning Readiness Quiz to ensure that online learning is a good fit for you.
- Start filling out your online application form. There is no fee for this application.
Mission & Goals
Program Mission Statement
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Degree Completion) program develops the resources of registered nurses (RNs) as they transition into the professional nursing role. The program provides theoretical and evidence-based education and incorporates knowledge from related disciplines. These experiences are facilitated by the acquisition of knowledge, critical thinking and expertise in each nursing course. The goal of the program is to prepare graduates for positions where they will provide quality health care in diverse settings as well as leadership and education for patients, families, other staff members and the healthcare organization as a whole.
During the Bachelor of Science program the student will:
- Utilize prior learning as a foundation for acquisition and application of knowledge during the nursing program.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply theoretical and evidence-based practice models in research and practice applications.
- Identify and apply leadership, quality improvement, and patient safety principles during patient care and management situations.
- Develop the ability to integrate Information Management and Patient Care technology in patient care.
- Develop the ability to recognize and utilize health care policy, financial systems, and the requirements of the regulatory environment in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Describe and formulate professional communication and collaboration for improving patient health outcomes.
- Describe and apply health promotion, injury, and disease prevention concepts across the lifespan and in the community.
- Define, develop and understand the role and professionalism of the nurse in baccalaureate nursing practice, including professional values, leadership, management, and evidence-based patient care.
The program will assist students and faculty to:
- Synthesize and integrate ethical and safety standards, including utilization of cultural diversity in patient care for patients, families, and the community.
- Explain and develop the leadership role as a manager and professional member of the profession, utilizing current economic principles, quality improvement, and management processes.
- Utilize theoretical and evidence-based practice models in the development of the professional roles of provider and manager of care.
- Develop and integrate the ability to utilize technology and communication skills for quality care for patients, families and the community.
- Recognize and integrate health promotion, disease recognition, and assessment knowledge for safe patient care throughout the lifespan.
- Develop and practice the principles of teaching and interdisciplinary communication for safe and effective patient care for diverse patient populations.
- Develop and integrate the ability to use research and professional values in nursing practice.
- Support and encourage a culture of community service for students and faculty.
- Engage the student in learning by using teaching strategies appropriate to learner needs, based on current and prior learning, while using the online learning system to support the teaching and learning process.
- Integrate needs of the students, faculty, and community in planning and implementing the curriculum.
Stanbridge University has built partnerships with hospitals and healthcare institutions to enable them to provide their employees with reduced tuition benefits. Stanbridge University offers reduced tuition benefits for employees and members of organizations throughout the nation. Partners include corporations, health systems, school districts and professional associations in a wide range of industries. The following are some benefits to being a Stanbridge Partner:
Recruitment and Retention
The Stanbridge University Online Reduced Tuition Program is a great addition to your employee and member benefit packages.
Professional Skill Building
Stanbridge University online degree programs will enable your employees or members to build upon their professional skills.
When your organization becomes a Stanbridge University Institutional Partner, you will be assigned a personal partnership advisor who will assist you with program implementation, promotion, applicant inquiries and evaluation.
Request more information
The Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing at Stanbridge University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791. https://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
Furthering your education is an investment with lifelong returns. A diploma or degree can open doors to exciting career opportunities, and greatly increase your earning potential. We understand that funding your studies can be overwhelming, which is why Stanbridge University has a dedicated Financial Aid team to guide you through various options and help identify the best financial aid package for your needs.
Our team is there to answer questions as you fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and plan your financial aid package. Stanbridge University has the following financial aid programs available to those who qualify:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Direct Parent (PLUS) Loans
- Sallie Mae Loans
- Cal Grants
Diploma and Degree Programs Transfer of Credit
Students may request an evaluation of their previous coursework for possible transfer credit, provided that before the beginning of their program at Stanbridge University, they give the Registrar of the university proof of satisfactory completion (such as an official transcript from a school that is regionally or nationally accredited, PACE and DANTES courses, a course of study or training in the Armed Forces of the United States) or American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation, and equivalency of the coursework to the Stanbridge University course.
Students requesting evaluation of their transcripts must provide a description from the school catalog for each course for which transfer credit is requested. If the course description from the school catalog is not sufficient by itself to evaluate whether the course is equivalent, a course syllabus or outline of each course for which transfer credit is requested will be required. ACE credit recommendations will be considered only for General Education course credit, not technical or core course credit or Associate of Science in Nursing (ADN) program prerequisite science course (SCI prefix) credit.
Transfer credit will be granted only for those courses:
- for which a grade of "C" or better ("C+" in prerequisite science courses and "B" for nursing courses in the ADN program) was earned or proof of passing a vendor’s certification examination is provided; and
- which are determined to be equivalent in content and academic level to those required in the student’s program at Stanbridge University.
- Certain courses in specific programs may have to be completed within 2 – 5 calendar years of the date of the student's start of coursework at the university in order to be accepted for transfer credit.
For more information on transfer credit and information specific to the diploma or degree of interest, please read the current
Stanbridge University catalog.
US Military/VA Students
US Military/VA Students
Stanbridge University recognizes the heroic service and sacrifices that our nation's active and veteran military personnel and their families have made for our country. Transitioning from the military to civilian life and starting a career can be challenging. That is why Stanbridge University provides guidance for servicemen and women and their families to help them prepare for a degree.
For all US military veterans and eligible students, Stanbridge University will:
- conduct an evaluation of previous education and training;
- grant appropriate credit;
- shorten the training period proportionately; and
- notify the VA and student accordingly.