122 Quarter Credit Hours (The approximate time to complete the program will vary according to the start and end dates of a cohort and ranges from 23 – 24 months, including school and national holidays, breaks between terms, a one week break at Thanksgiving and a two week break in December.)
Four days a week.
Theory classes meet 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Clinical lab sessions meet 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Clinical Practicum and Affiliation Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
NPTE for PTA Exam and Retention Rates
The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) is a non-profit credentialing agency that provides certification for the Physical Therapy profession. The NPTE for PTAs provides a standard evaluation of PTA candidates. It also protects the public interest in having only those persons who have the requisite knowledge of physical therapy be licensed to practice physical therapy. As one of the final milestones before becoming a licensed PTA professional, the NPTE for PTAs questions focus on your ability to make decisions in various patient care scenarios under critical conditions. The NPTE for PTAs test requires that you understand the basic principles of physical therapy including data collection, diseases/conditions that impact effective treatment, interventions, equipment and devices, therapeutic modalities and apply this to different elements of patient safety management.
With a 97% NPTE for PTA exam pass rate in 2016,1 we're committed to our students’ preparation for the NPTE for PTAs includes cumulative review and exit exams in terms 1, 2, 3, and 4. In term 5, students receive a comprehensive end-of-program review and NPTE for PTA Exam Preparation course. Stanbridge University continuously provides top-of-the-line examination preparation materials and courses to assist students in successfully completing their exam. These services are provided at no additional charge to our students.
RESULTS OF NATIONAL PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR PTA EXAMINATION
Annual Retention Rates
||Results Not Available
The Physical Therapist Assistant program at Stanbridge University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; Phone: (703) 706-3245; Fax: (703) 684-7343; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: http://www.capteonline.org.
Public Comment Procedure
Stanbridge University accepts applications for admission to our diploma and degree programs on an open enrollment basis. To apply, please complete the following steps. Your Admissions Representative will provide you with details for each step.
- Complete an online application form. Click here to start.
- Meet with your Admissions Representative for a personal tour of the campus.
- Take the entrance exam appropriate for your educational level and program.
- Provide proof of high school graduation, a GED or a higher degree.
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of documented paid or volunteer experience or observation in a physical therapy facility or related setting with a licensed PT or PTA.
- Complete entrance questionnaire, essay, and interview.
- Meet with a Financial Aid Representative to review your tuition funding options.
- Complete enrollment paperwork.
- Attend an orientation prior to the start of your program. In the orientation, you receive course books, uniforms and important information to help you begin your classes and manage your time at Stanbridge University.
Furthering your education is an investment with lifelong returns. A diploma or degree can open doors to exciting career opportunities, and greatly increase your earning potential. We understand that funding your studies can be overwhelming, which is why Stanbridge University has a dedicated Financial Aid team to guide you through various options and help identify the best financial aid package for your needs.
Our team is there to answer questions as you fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and plan your financial aid package. Stanbridge University has the following financial aid programs available to those who qualify:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Direct Parent (PLUS) Loans
- Sallie Mae Loans
- Cal Grants
Diploma and Degree Programs Transfer of Credit
Students may request an evaluation of their previous coursework for possible transfer credit, provided that before the beginning of their program at Stanbridge University, they give the Registrar of the university proof of satisfactory completion (such as an official transcript from a school that is regionally or nationally accredited, PACE and DANTES courses, a course of study or training in the Armed Forces of the United States) or American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation, and equivalency of the coursework to the Stanbridge University course.
Students requesting evaluation of their transcripts must provide a description from the school catalog for each course for which transfer credit is requested. If the course description from the school catalog is not sufficient by itself to evaluate whether the course is equivalent, a course syllabus or outline of each course for which transfer credit is requested will be required. ACE credit recommendations will be considered only for General Education course credit, not technical or core course credit or Associate of Science in Nursing (ADN) program prerequisite science course (SCI prefix) credit.
Transfer credit will be granted only for those courses:
- for which a grade of "C" or better ("C+" in prerequisite science courses and "B" for nursing courses in the ADN program) was earned or proof of passing a vendor’s certification examination is provided; and
- which are determined to be equivalent in content and academic level to those required in the student’s program at Stanbridge University.
- Certain courses in specific programs may have to be completed within 2 – 5 calendar years of the date of the student's start of coursework at the university in order to be accepted for transfer credit.
For more information on transfer credit and information specific to the diploma or degree of interest, please read the current
Stanbridge University catalog.
US Military/VA Students
Stanbridge University recognizes the heroic service and sacrifices that our nation's active and veteran military personnel and their families have made for our country. Transitioning from the military to civilian life and starting a career can be challenging. That is why Stanbridge University provides guidance for servicemen and women and their families to help them prepare for a degree.
For all US military veterans and eligible students, Stanbridge University will:
- conduct an evaluation of previous education and training;
- grant appropriate credit;
- shorten the training period proportionately; and
- notify the VA and student accordingly.