Orange County/Irvine, CAApply Now
The Librarian is responsible for the daily operation, organization, administration, general effectiveness, and supervision of the Learning Resource Center.
January 17th, 2019
- Manage the daily operations of the Learning Resource Center.
- Assist students in using research methods.
- Research and implement learning technologies in the Learning Resource Center, including computer software and online library resources.
- Assist the Academic Success Coordinator in the peer tutoring program and oversee an administrative assistant.
- Proctor and/or grade admissions, makeup, and remediation exams.
- Work collaboratively with the colleges faculty, staff, and students to improve the academic environment.
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Masters of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an American Library Association-accredited program.
- One year of experience in a library environment.
- Experience working with database vendors and Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- Experience in reference and information services.
- Experience with editing and APA formatting.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite and other computer technologies.
- Dedicated team player and collaborator with qualities of self-direction, vision, creativity, collegiality, and leadership.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.