Assistant Director of Vocational Nursing Program
Orange County/Irvine, CAApply Now
Stanbridge University is seeking for a qualified candidate to be a full-time Assistant Director for the Vocational Nursing Program. Reporting to the Director of Nursing for the Vocational Nursing Program, the Assistant Director is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination and monitoring of the nursing faculty and vocational nursing students. The right candidate must have the ability to proactively identify problems and seek solutions through creative and critical thinking and the must have ability to obtain, analyze, and apply data. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
March 6th, 2019
- Maintain professional and ethical academic standards.
- Provide class and clinical instruction in accordance with established course syllabi and BVNPT regulations as needed.
- Evaluate faculty in theory classes, skills lab and clinical facilities on an on-going basis, specifically in the classroom and via onsite visits on an annual basis at a minimum for all faculty.
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, orienting, evaluating, training and ongoing development of faculty.
- Assist in orientation and ongoing professional development of faculty. Include technology, learning resources, and other tools to facilitate and sustain faculty growth.
- Assist in maintaining professional and cordial relationships with nursing administrators and supervisors at the clinical facilities and community partners where students are rotating and with a view toward maintaining the facilities for clinical rotations.
- Facilitate and maintain communication with students, faculty, Nursing Administration, College Administration, other College departments, clinical facilities, and community partners.
- Hold faculty accountable for the submission of all attendance rosters and clinical performance evaluations per the Department of Education and BVNPT regulations requiring timely (48 hours), accurate and complete documentation of student attendance, grades and conduct. Give non-compliant faculty written warnings as a prelude to additional action up to, and including, dismissal.
- Review, sign and submit mid-term and end-of-term clinical performance evaluations in a timely manner as required by Stanbridge College policy.
- Prior experience in administration in a college nursing education environment.
- Completion of at least three years of teaching theory courses/clinical rotations related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
- Possession of a valid, active, unrestricted California Registered Nurse license and a masters degree from an accredited college.
- Minimum of three years of continuous, full-time experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of college staff, faculty and students.
- Experience in using a computer, the Internet and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Current Malpractice Insurance Certificate, BLS, PPD, and proof of an annual physical.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.