Admissions RepresentativeApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Representative is responsible for enrolling qualified students into the programs of the university.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Oct 5th, 2019
- Respond to all phone, internet, and in-person inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish rapport with prospective students in all phone and internet interactions by answering questions about programs, asking pertinent and fact-finding questions, and setting up appointments for face-to-face interviews.
- Create a friendly and professional atmosphere during interviews by providing clear, complete, and accurate information about programs and the admissions process in accordance with the policies and procedures of the university.
- Present accurate and complete information about the content and length of programs, academic requirements and policies of the university, and the employment and salary prospects for graduates.
- Disseminate current advertising and promotional media to prospective students during the admissions process.
- Provide student outcomes and other achievements of the university from documents and sources approved by the university administration.
- Evaluate the educational and employment background of each prospective student to determine whether the university has a program that appropriate for the person's academic abilities and goals.
- Convey the results of admissions examinations to prospective students and assist in rescheduling retake examinations as necessary.
- Coordinate admissions activities with those in other functional areas of the university, including financial aid, student services, and the educational programs.
- Enter data on leads, return calls, emails, appointments, interviews, completions, enrollments, and other data as required of admissions representatives.
- Use all tools available to admissions representatives, including databases, the phone system, software programs, and print media.
- Provide feedback to the Director of Admissions about successes, challenges, and areas for continuing improvement of the admissions process.
- Establish and meet qualitative and quantitative performance goals to meet the customer service, enrollment, and reporting goals in admissions.
- Attend departmental meetings, graduation ceremonies, and other university meetings or events, as required.
- Foster an educational environment that is conducive to learning, respect, integrity, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Adhere to the requirements of accrediting, federal, and state agencies as well as the policies and procedures of the university.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all constituencies and partners of the university.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer/President of the university.
- Maintain acceptable level of performance as measured by supervisor and student evaluations, as applicable.
- Continue progress on meeting professional, departmental, and university goals.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two or more years of experience in admissions in higher education or customer relations in business.
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements of accrediting, state, and federal agencies for education, work experience, and certification/licensing to perform in the stated position.
- Knowledge of institutional, accrediting, state, and federal standards, laws, and/or regulations for higher education.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a culturally diverse environment.
- Facility in using computer technology systems current in higher education.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.