Assistant Director of NursingApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible for planning, managing and evaluating all aspects of the program including faculty and staff, curriculum development and implementation, compliance with California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) rules and regulations. The Assistant Director performs the Director of Nursings duties in the absence of the Director.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Dec 5th, 2019
- Assist in facilitating and coordinating activities related to academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources, facilities, services and program evaluation.
- Coordinate clinical learning experiences and tabulating and summarizing program surveys.
- Assists in recruitment, interviewing and orientation of nursing faculty and staff, reviews and maintains minutes from all program meetings and meets with students and faculty as needed.
- Assisting the Nursing Program Director in coordinating activities related to academic policies, curriculum, resources, facilities, services and program evaluation including assisting in managing faculty schedules and arranging substitutions or substitutes in areas of California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) approval.
- Act as an advocate for the student and for the faculty.
- Substitute teaching responsibilities in areas of California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) approval.
- A Masters Degree in Nursing or higher from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration.
- A minimum of one (1) years experience teaching as an instructor in pre- or post-licensure programs (such as associate, baccalaureate, masters, or doctoral degree nursing programs)
- A minimum of one year's experience as an administrator with validated performance of administrative responsibilities.
- A minimum four (4) year of continuous full-time experience, or equivalent as a registered nurse providing direct patient care in geriatrics, medical-surgical, mental health psychiatric nursing, obstetrics or pediatrics within the past five (5) years; or equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Hold a valid, active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Knowledge of Board of Nursing regulations for clinical learning desired.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.