Thesis Advisor - MSOT ProgramApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is looking for qualified individuals to provide instruction and mentorship to our students in the Master in Science of Occupational Therapy program as a Thesis Advisor. A Thesis Advisor is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and instruction on the thesis topic while promoting student participation and learning. A Thesis Advisor is also responsible for assessing student performance during three consecutive terms for an estimated nine-month commitment. During the three terms of the thesis courses, the Advisor will assess and document all course-related activities within the timelines established by the University.
Classification: Contractor, length of employment to be a total of 9 months (3 Terms)
part-time, contractor, non-exempt
Sep 4th, 2019
- Provides guidance in the execution of research/project and encourages critical and independent thinking in research, project and activities.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing an environment conducive to learning and student involvement while effectively planning and preparing for instruction and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective to thesis project, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Must be available to meet one-on-one with the student on a regular basis.
- Assesses student work in a timely fashion and conveys feedback to students to facilitate ongoing progress on the thesis.
- Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and administering academic and attendance policies.
- Consistently enforce standards of rigor and academic conduct that model best practices in research and scholarship in their discipline for graduate student.
- Must have the ability to determine that the thesis project is ready to be publicly defended.
- Earned doctorate or masters degree in occupational therapy or related field
- Experience with research or professional product development
- Demonstrated competency with academic writing
- At least four years combined post-graduate clinical or research experience
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.