IRB and Scientific Writing CoordinatorApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
The IRB and Scientific Writing Coordinator will serve as the primary regulatory resource for faculty and student research and scientific writing. An extensive understanding of research regulations is critical as work is completed in accordance with the processes and procedures that ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and institutional policies relative to research practices.
part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Nov 6th, 2019
- Review new research applications for consistency, completeness, and compliance with federal and state regulations and institutional guidelines prior to convened IRB review.
- Review all research project submissions to determine review type, assignment of reviewers, and recommended exempt status.
- Review consent documentation for protocol and content.
- Communicate to faculty and student researchers items that require clarification or protocols required for submission to complete a research application for IRB review.
- Provide direct guidance and serve as an IRB and scientific writing resource for faculty and students.
- Provide IRB and scientific writing training to faculty, staff, and students as it pertains to regulatory and compliance-related issues.
- Monitor the regulatory environment and recommend changes, as needed, to institutional officials.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures that enhance institutional IRB and scientific writing functions.
- An earned masters degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- A minimum of three (3) years of documented experience in research administration and support.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the interpretation and compliance of Federal and State regulations regarding the protection of human research.
- High level of experience and comfort working independently with senior leadership, faculty, staff, and students.
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in working with diverse constituencies inside and outside the campus community.
- Skill in planning and implementing projects with vision, creativity, energy, and collegiality.
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements of accrediting, state, and federal agencies for education, work experience, and certification/licensing to perform in the stated position.
- Efficient in using computer technology systems in higher education.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.