Faculty Pool - RVT, Veterinary InstructorApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the Veterinary Technology Program Director, the instructor is responsible for assisting in developing curriculum and teaching in the Veterinary Technology Program, as well as assisting future program planning, development, and maintaining accreditation.
part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Jan 22nd, 2020
- Work effectively with diverse populations.
- Teach any assigned courses and act as a substitute instructor as needed.
- Provide advice to the institution on program structure and continuous improvement to program curriculum.
- Recommend program equipment, supplies, library materials, textbooks, and other items for purchase and use; monitor the safety and quality of instructional materials.
- Manage special projects as formally assigned by the Program Director (including, but not limited to new student orientation programs and open houses, assistance with accreditation preparation, campus events, and supervision of staff).
- Assist with the establishment and coordination of externship sites; monitor student placement and performance at externship sites.
- dentify and refer at-risk students to specific academic support services.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain good working relations with all clinical affiliates.
- Investigates and provides suggested solutions to student and staff issues.
- Assist campus admissions in the recruitment/selection of students for the program.
- Attend faculty meetings.
- Represent the Institution at professional activities.
- Enhance current knowledge and skills through attending conferences, classes, reading journals and independent study.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with State and Federal regulations as well as University policies and procedures.
- A credentialed veterinary technician who must have graduated from an AVMA-accredited program.
- Minimum of an Associates degree.
- Minimum of four years of experience in the field of veterinary medicine.
- One year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities (preferred).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard classroom and/or clinical lab setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in a classroom or clinical laboratory environment
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking and/or laboratory equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly stands for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office and laboratory machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.