Logistics AssociateApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking for a dynamic candidate with excellent communication and organization skills to be the Logistics Associate for our Logistics department. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing institution.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Jan 24th, 2020
- Assist with purchases including budgeting and vendor selections.
- Provide technical laboratory support in various labs
- Create spreadsheets to support an array of data including purchase reports and laboratory data.
- Communicates any discrepancies or issues to related departments.
- Responsible for keeping stock items and parts in an organized manner.
- Generates, develops and implements appropriate/ standardized reporting.
- Reconciles all inventory discrepancies.
- Provides accurate report numbers to designated departments.
- Generates distribution of weekly reports, summarizing inventory accuracy through use of cycle counts.
- Maintains laboratory functionality and presentation.
- Contacts building maintenance management as needed.
- Manages special projects as required.
- Ability to travel between Irvine campus and Alhambra campus regularly.
- Minimum of an Associate degree, preferably in Business or Economics.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.