Financial Aid OfficerApply Now
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a well-rounded Financial Aid Officer candidate to join our Financial Aid team. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is people-oriented and gets along well within a team.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Oct 14th, 2020
- Adhere to the highest standards of compliance in performing all aspects of financial aid.
- Adhere to the highest standards of customer service when dealing with students.
- Responsible for turnkey student packaging all Title IV eligible programs.
- Responsible for packaging all Campus Based Programs (Federal Work Study Program).
- Work cohesively with Admissions Representatives in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Able to develop award letters in concert with Institute procedures and knowledge of Federal regulations.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSA and review the resulting ISIR.
- Assign the appropriate budget to a student and package the student as well as ensure that aid is paid to student accounts in a timely manner.
- Responsible for complete and accurate files and paperwork, certify loan applications, and complete Verification and C Code Requirements.
- Assist with entrance, exit, and financial literacy counseling as needed.
- Direct Loan certification.
- Assist students with institutional payment plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited college.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Title IV Financial Aid.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.