Director of Accreditation and ComplianceApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the President, the Director of Accreditation and Compliance oversees compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements, which includes adherence to federal and state law and maintenance of program and institutional accreditation standards. The position maintains curriculum audit records and performs a wide variety of technical tasks related to collecting, retrieving, analyzing, and presenting research to inform and support evidence-based decisions relating to accreditation and regulatory compliance at the university. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and be flexible in offering support to both internal and external departments. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
full-time, salaried, exempt
May 21st, 2021
- Remain current with developments in institutional and programmatic accreditation (WSCUC, ACCSC, ACOTE, CAPTE, AVMA-CVTEA, and CCNE) and state agency regulations (BPPE, BVNPT, and BRN), attend conferences and training webinars, complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance on governmental requirements, including complying with the Higher Education Act (HEA), Title IX, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), reporting obligations under the Clery Act and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), and other regulations impacting the university.
- Serve as a resource for interpretation of regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Oversee adequate record maintenance and ensure processes are in place to document compliance efforts.
- Direct the assessment of targeted compliance issues, investigations, or potential problems and coordinates internal compliance investigations and routine audits.
- Support faculty and staff to plan, schedule, and coordinate academic and administrative educational support units in preparation of periodic program reviews, campus visits, and self-studies.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the institution and governmental, accrediting, and other external agencies.
- Conduct analyses of university documents for consistency, accuracy, and updates.
- Write correspondence, documentation, and reports to agencies governing the university.
- Interface with students, offices and departments to follow-up on tasks and projects related to accreditation and compliance.
- Provide quality control over the development of curricula, instructional resources, and academic processes.
- Facilitate the training of faculty and staff in institutional policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the success of all communities of interest in a collegial environment.
- Must possess a Masters degree in Education, Administration, Business Management, Student Affairs or in related field at a minimum.
- Three to five years of experience with accreditation, licensing, Title IX, ADA or other administrative departments in higher education.
- Experience with document resource management, filing, and tracking systems.
- Ability to interpret mathematical data and construct reports.
- Ability to interpret academic and administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and produce reports under strict guidelines.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, task-oriented projects, and details simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and decision-making abilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.