Assistant to the Registrar
Notice: This job posting is no longer active.
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a dynamic candidate with excellent organizational skills to join our team as the Assistant to the Registrar. Reporting directly to the Director of Student Services, the Assistant to the Registrar is responsible for maintaining best practices in operations and service, assure compliance requirements are met, and maintain the overall integrity of academic records systems for the Office of the Registrar. The right candidate must be a highly motivated and organized individual, who can handle a variety of sensitive matters in a professional, mature, and discrete manner. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Jun 25th, 2020
- Directs and coordinates university registration activities. Consults with other administrators to devise registration schedules and procedures.
- Analyzes statistical data on registration for administrative use in formulating policies.
- Creates and maintains a student-centric culture by ensuring the office provides quality and timely customer service to students, faculty, and staff.
- Leads and oversees all activities pertaining to student status changes, maintenance of student academic records, attendance, degree audits, degrees awarded, security, maintenance of student records and data integrity.
- Educates faculty, staff, and students on compliance of federal laws and accreditation standards involving student records and the integrity of the academic records.
- Submits required reports to internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Oversees transcript evaluations for all entering students.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with State and Federal regulations as well as College policies and procedures.
- A Bachelors degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years of related progressive professional experience in Higher Education (preferably in an Office of the Registrar).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State regulations including FERPA and other relevant policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy and procedure development within a university and/or college setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise sound judgment.
- Strong leadership, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.