PTA Program - Lead PT at Satellite CampusApply Now
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
The Lead Physical Therapist (PT) of the PTA program at the Stanbridge LA Campus must be a full-time employee. The Lead PT assists the PTA Program Director (PD) in activities related to academic leadership including planning and executing programmatic curriculum, scheduling and managing faculty workload, and overseeing ethical and appropriate behavior of PTA students in the program. The Lead PT contributes to the development and implementation of the curriculum in compliance with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education standards and required elements.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Aug 24th, 2020
- Work effectively with diverse populations.
- Assist the instructional staff to ensure instruction follows the approved curriculum and achieves course objectives that are consistent with desired student, program, and faculty outcomes.
- Assist with gathering data for necessary reports including but not limited to Compliance Reports, Application for Approval of Substantive Change (AASC) requests, Annual Accreditation reports, Self-Study Reports, and Re-accreditation reports.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with Program Director.
- Assist campus admissions in the recruitment/selection of students for the program.
- Enhance current knowledge and skills through attending conferences, classes, reading evidence-based journals and independent study.
- Teach selected courses as needed.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with State and Federal regulations as well as University policies and procedures.
- Mentor new faculty.
- Assist the Program Director with orientation of new faculty when designated.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and term wrap-up meetings.
- A current license to practice as a physical therapist in the state of California.
- A minimum of a Bachelors of Physical Therapy; Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy preferred.
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- A minimum of four (4) years of documented full-time clinical experience.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills.
- At least one year of experience in a full-time academic appointment, with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level preferred.
- Experience in administration or management preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation, in a classroom setting or other campus environment.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.