Administrative Assistant - Office of InstructionApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
The Office of Instruction leads and serves a vibrant, inclusive, and diversified academic community. It promotes and assures a university culture of high-quality education and student success. The Administrative Assistant is part of the Office of Instruction team and reports to the Vice President of Instruction. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting the administrative needs of three distinct departments within the Office. Paramount to the success of this position is an in-depth understanding of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Sep 4th, 2020
- Support instructional and educational resources for the institutions academic programs
- Prepare special reports that includes the gathering and summarizing of data
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of information and documentation
- Provide excellent customer service, written and oral communication, organization, and time management
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, work independently, manage multi-projects, and meet deadlines
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years in an administrative role; experience in education preferred
- Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon needs
- Ability to answer question quickly and efficiently with a customer-oriented attitude
- High-energy, motivated, and confident professional with an infectious enthusiasm for higher education and student success
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, and exemplary problem-solving skills with an ability to identify problems and provide creative solution
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.