Administrative Coordinator - AdmissionsApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the Regional Director of Admissions, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the Admissions office services through effective and efficient coordination of daily operations. The right candidate must be a self-starter who is people-oriented and gets along well within a team. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Sep 10th, 2020
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Responsible for the gathering and management of data pertaining to the Admissions department.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Manage electronic and physical files for all incoming cohorts including supplying and tracking missing documents.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Assist with the coordinating, planning and implementation of all department-related meetings/functions.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings and distribute accordingly.
- Set appointments for department leadership team.
- Cover the main reception desk, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalency.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office procedures and office equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and produce reports under strict guidelines.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, task-oriented projects, and details simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.