Online Nursing FacultyApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University's school of nursing is seeking applications for part-time online nursing faculty to join the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Degree Completion) faculty community in order to provide instruction, guidance, and mentorship to online nursing students. Reporting to the program's director, the candidate will be responsible for providing a culture of educational effectiveness and excellence of student learning outcomes in nursing education. Paramount to the candidate's success is a deep commitment to the teaching and learning environment, shared governance, program review and assessment, and demonstrated experience with online and high-quality instruction.
part-time, hourly, non-exempt
May 24th, 2021
- Effectively delivers class instruction utilizing course syllabi and appropriate educational resources.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to online learning and student engagement while effectively planning and preparing for instruction and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and strategies as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Assesses student work in a timely fashion and conveys feedback to students.
- Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and administering academic and attendance policies.
- Participate in programmatic shared-governance.
- Relates professional, life, industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional and technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- A Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education, or administration.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience teaching in an online environment.
- Must hold an unencumbered RN license to practice in the state of California.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Action oriented, innovative thinking, and flexible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work within a deadline-oriented environment.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While on-campus faculty, staff, and students will engage in daily self-monitoring which will include COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat or a new loss of taste or smell.
- Faculty, staff, and students are required to wear face coverings when on campus.
- Telework/ Remote work is available temporarily for non-essential operations due to COVID-19.
- Standard office setting..
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.