System AdministratorApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a qualified System Administrator with extensive knowledge of information technologies and systems, who possesses critical thinking and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail who also has excellent communication and people skills.
Reporting to the Vice President of Information and Web Technology, the System Administrator will maintain and monitor our information technology systems and networks, perform both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of computer and network systems, and serve as a liaison between tier 1 support, tier 2 support, and the executive team. The System Administrator will assist in instituting policies and procedures for the use of IT across departments and projects, create and maintain documentation and diagrams, will recommend the most suitable IT choices, and will provide technical support or training for systems and networks.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Apr 5th, 2021
- Monitoring and reporting of IT systems functionality
- Providing advice on the most suitable IT choices
- Coordinating with technology vendors to assess and recommend systems
- Proposing policies and procedures for the use of IT within the institution
- Providing technical support or training for systems and networks
- Acting as a link between first tier and higher level support and executive team
- Project implementation and technical system setup
- Monitoring systems and network performance
- Conducting security checks and auditing information integrity
- Performing troubleshooting steps, repairs and data restoration
- Monitoring, supporting, and troubleshooting technical issues during standard and non-standard hours
- Maintaining and updating network and systems documentation
- Monitoring backup systems and assessing backup strategies
- Ensuring disaster recovery plan is consistently implemented and current
- Maintaining licenses and upgrade schedules
- Assisting with inventory tracking and maintaining accountability of equipment
- Collaborating with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Assist with other tasks as requested
- Proven experience as System Administrator or similar role
- Knowledge of virtual environments in including VMWare and XenServer
- Practical knowledge of Windows 2012/2016, Linux, and MacOS server setup and maintenance
- Demonstrated knowledge creating and maintaining Active Directory and DFS environments
- Knowledge of ChromeOS and G Suite administration
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Knowledgable with DNS concepts and skilled in troubleshooting DNS related issues
- Experience with setting up and maintaining Cisco local area networks
- Understanding of SonicWall firewall setup and operations
- Practical knowledge of WAN and VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- A knack for seeking responsibility and taking ownership of issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as an indispensable part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities
- Experience with MDM and profile management
- Skills with PowerShell, Python, and other scripting languages
- Knowledge of SQL, MySQL, replication/load balancing, and related database technologies
- Knowledgable in WiFi principles and best practices, Meraki certifications
- Experience with RAID and ZFS technology
- Experience with short-range fiber
- VOIP and/or ShoreTel experience
- Experience with help desk support
- AS/BS in information technology or computer science
- Certifications (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, etc.)
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.