Janitorial AssociateApply Now
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking for a dynamic candidate with excellent communication and organization skills to be a Janitorial Associate in our Maintenance department. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Nov 11th, 2020
- Performs general cleaning and dusting in all areas of the building.
- Maintains all tile floors using a stripping, waxing, and buffing process.
- Maintains and fills all soap dispensers and towel dispensers in rest rooms, as required.
- Removes trash from offices and classrooms throughout the buildings on a routine basis.
- Cleans all bathrooms, as required.
- Cleans student lounges daily.
- Vacuums, dusts, and keeps a neat appearance in all office areas and classrooms throughout campus.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements: standing, twisting, walking, grasping, pushing, pulling, and ability to carry and/or lift up to 40 lbs.
- Minimum of one year of janitorial work experience.
- Valid state driver's license.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Obtain daily standard offices, labs and classrooms cleanliness.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent walks short and long distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to perform daily tasks; reaches with hands and arms; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.