Assistant Director of Nursing, VN Program
Notice: This job posting is no longer active.
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking for a qualified candidate to be a full-time Assistant Director for the Vocational Nursing Program. Reporting to the Director of Nursing for the Vocational Nursing Program, the Assistant Director is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination and monitoring of the nursing faculty and vocational nursing students. The right candidate must have the ability to proactively identify problems and seek solutions through creative and critical thinking and the must have ability to obtain, analyze, and apply data. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Jan 29th, 2021
- Maintain professional and ethical academic standards.
- Provide class and clinical instruction in accordance with established course syllabi and BVNPT regulations as needed.
- Evaluate faculty in theory classes, skills lab and clinical facilities on an on-going basis, specifically in the classroom and via onsite visits on an annual basis at a minimum for all faculty.
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, orienting, evaluating, training and ongoing development of faculty.
- Assist in orientation and ongoing professional development of faculty. Include technology, learning resources, and other tools to facilitate and sustain faculty growth.
- Assist in maintaining professional and cordial relationships with nursing administrators and supervisors at the clinical facilities and community partners where students are rotating and with a view toward maintaining the facilities for clinical rotations.
- Facilitate and maintain communication with students, faculty, Nursing Administration, College Administration, other College departments, clinical facilities, and community partners.
- Hold faculty accountable for the submission of all attendance rosters and clinical performance evaluations per the Department of Education and BVNPT regulations requiring timely (48 hours), accurate and complete documentation of student attendance, grades and conduct. Give non-compliant faculty written warnings as a prelude to additional action up to, and including, dismissal.
- Review, sign and submit mid-term and end-of-term clinical performance evaluations in a timely manner as required by Stanbridge University policy.
- Prior experience in administration in a college nursing education environment.
- Completion of at least three years of teaching theory courses/clinical rotations related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
- Possession of a valid, active, unrestricted California Registered Nurse license and a masters degree from an accredited college.
- Minimum of three years of continuous, full-time experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of college staff, faculty and students.
- Experience in using a computer, the Internet and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Current Malpractice Insurance Certificate, BLS, PPD, and proof of an annual physical.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While on-campus faculty, staff, and students will engage in daily self-monitoring which will include COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat or a new loss of taste or smell.
- Faculty, staff, and students are required to wear face coverings when on campus.
- Telework/ Remote work is available temporarily for non-essential operations due to COVID-19.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.