Assistant BursarApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a dynamic candidate who is detail oriented and has ability to multi-task to be the Assistant Bursar in the Accounting department. The Assistant Bursar will assist in managing and executing all functions of billing, collection, deposit, disbursement and record maintenance of student and other related monies. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established university.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Apr 5th, 2021
- Assist in maintaining daily transaction, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Manage student accounts which includes receivables and debt collection accounts. Adjust charges and payments to student accounts, as needed.
- Assist with calling students for overdue payments or in-house payments.
- Meet with students individually to assist with loan advising.
- Assist with account verification.
- Assist in the posting of Title IV draw down of funds, refunds, tuition payments, and various fees.
- Administer auto debit payments.
- Performs all other accounting-related functions and other duties as assigned by the President and/or Chief Financial Officer.
- Must have an Associate degree from an accredited college.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in related field.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.