Director of Nursing, BSN ProgramApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
The Director of Nursing of the BSN Program joins an elite nursing school leadership team responsible for promoting a culture of educational effectiveness and excellence of student learning outcomes in nursing education. The Program Director will report directly to the Vice President of Instruction and is accountable for all aspects of administration and management of the program including curriculum and assessment, student admission, progression and retention, faculty oversight, and program effectiveness and satisfaction. A successful candidate will meet the required qualifications and present with a teaching and professional philosophy that is aligned with the university's core values of delivering an accessible, diversified, innovative, and high-quality education.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Jun 19th, 2022
- Advances the universitys and programs mission and objectives through systematic evaluation of student learning and advancement of outcomes.
- Oversees faculty recruitment, qualifications, development, and evaluation according to institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Provides leadership to the faculty for the development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of the programs curriculum plan in accordance with institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Supervises practicum placements and completion.
- Monitors all program publications to ensure compliance with institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Generates needed communications, reporting, changes, and representations with accreditation commissions and agencies.
- A doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education, or administration.
- A minimum of four (4) years experience of continuous full-time experience, or equivalent as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience leading a nursing program or related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as a full-time faculty in pre- or post-licensure nursing program.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience teaching in an online teaching and learning environment.
- Must hold an unencumbered RN license to practice in the state of California.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Action oriented, innovative thinking, and flexible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work within a deadline-oriented environment.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard healthcare setting.
- Administrative duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Frequent bending and squatting. Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.