Software Development Project ManagerApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University has an immediate opening for a web-based Software Development Project Manager. This is a key role in our Web Technology team with significant impact on project activities.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Apr 5th, 2021
- Manage Online Software Development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
- Work collaboratively with development team, stakeholders, and management to determine technical direction, system design, and implementation of software systems.
- Create, manage, and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
* project schedules * detailed project plans * project scope statements cost estimates * resource plans * risk and issues logs * status reports
- Tailor project management, development, and support processes to meet the needs of individual projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff and communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations and presenting and interfacing with stakeholders.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks and drive key decisions across projects.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization, and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by management and stakeholders.
- Provide input in strategic planning and asset creation processes.
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning.
- Coach and train project team members on software development processes and best practices.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- ScrumMaster certified with practical professional agile project management experience.
- Five years of experience in a technology environment, including 2-3 years of practical professional experience in project management.
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development.
- Proficient with project management software.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, stakeholders, end users, and management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects.
Preferred or Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with process improvement projects.
- PMP certification.
- Laravel or Vue.js experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.