Administrative Assistant (Scheduler) - VN DepartmentApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the Director(s) of the Vocational Nursing Program, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and monitoring instructor schedules, assisting the Office of Instruction with creating cohort schedules and coordinating clinical rotation requests with our affiliations. The right candidate must be a self-starter who is people-oriented and gets along well within a team. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Apr 5th, 2021
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) to create and monitor instructor schedules.
- Assist the Office of Instruction with creating and updating term schedules for the LVN Program.
- Contact, interview and schedule candidates to fill vacant positions in the department.
- Organize and schedule new employee orientation to the classroom or clinical sites.
- Coordinate with the Student Services Department to track re-enrolling and transferring students.
- Create and distribute all student clinical rotations groups at the start of each term.
- Make class visits and announcements notifying students of clinical placement.
- Coordinate with the clinical sites and finalize student clinical rotations.
- Coordinate with the Student Services Department to schedule on-campus and facility remediation events.
- Assist with the coordinating, planning and implementation of all department-related meetings/functions.
- Transcribe meeting minutes and distribute accordingly.
- Set appointments for Director of Nursing (DON)/Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON).
- Cover the main reception desk, as required.
- Manage office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering office
- supplies as required.
- Assist with any student or faculty needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director(s) of the Vocational Nursing Program and University President.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking as you will be visiting classrooms (online or on-campus) regularly.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of office procedures and office equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and produce reports under strict guidelines.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, task-oriented projects, and details simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While on-campus faculty, staff, and students will engage in daily self-monitoring which will include COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or a new loss of taste or smell.
- Faculty, staff, and students are required to wear face coverings when on campus.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment, and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances regularly.
- Frequent bending and squatting. Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read the fine print and operate a computer; hears and understands voices over the telephone and in person.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.