Assistant Director of Nursing, VN ProgramApply Now
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
The Assistant Director of the Vocational Nursing Program, Los Angeles, joins an elite School of Nursing leadership team responsible for promoting a culture of educational effectiveness and excellence of student learning outcomes in nursing education. The Assistant Program Director will report directly to the Director of Vocational Nursing at the university's Alhambra, Los Angeles campus, and is responsible for assisting with all aspects of administration and management of the program including curriculum and assessment, student admission, progression and retention, faculty performance and development, and overall program effectiveness. A successful candidate will meet the required qualifications and present with a teaching and professional philosophy that is aligned with the university's core values of delivering a diversified, innovative, and high-quality education.
Stanbridge University welcomes and seeks candidates who demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting accessibility, inclusivity, diversity, and equity in education and have experience in educating a diverse study body.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Sep 13th, 2021
- Advances the university's and program's mission and objectives through systematic evaluation of program review and student learning outcomes.
- Assists with faculty recruitment, onboarding, development, and evaluation according to institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Provides support to the faculty for the development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of the program's curriculum plan in accordance with institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Supports and monitors clinical affiliations, student placement, and successful completion of clinical education and essential skills.
- Assists with program administration including integrity of instructional hours, class schedules, and faculty workload.
- Provide instruction, as assigned, in didactic and clinical courses.
- Participates in faculty committees in accordance with the university's policies of shared governance.
- Participate in the School of Nursing's meetings, events, and ceremonies.
- Promote and advance the quality, integrity, and meaning of the Stanbridge nurse.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Hold a current California active license as a Registered Nursing; and
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an approved college or university; and
- Have a minimum of three years' experience as a registered nurse; one year shall be in teaching or clinical supervision, or a combination thereof, in a state approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing within the last five years; or have a minimum of three years' experience in nursing administration or nursing education within the last five years.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience in using a computer, the Internet and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Current Malpractice Insurance Certificate, BLS, PPD, and proof of an annual physical.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While on-campus faculty, staff, and students will engage in daily self-monitoring which will include COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat or a new loss of taste or smell.
- Faculty, staff, and students are required to wear face coverings when on campus.
- Telework/ Remote work is available temporarily for non-essential operations due to COVID-19.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.