Online Education CoordinatorApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
The online education coordinator is part of the university's Office of Instruction team and reports to the Vice President of Instruction. Working closely with the university's academic programs, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the timely and efficient development and launch of online and blended courses. Paramount to the success of this position is the familiarity with online course design and web-based educational technologies including a learning management system. Skills will be utilized to support online learning in order to advance the university's core values of providing an accessible, equitable, innovative, and high-quality education to its students.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Sep 17th, 2021
- Proactive communication with programs and faculty regarding master shell development and readiness.
- Review upcoming course schedules for online and blended courses to ensure online course shells are created and updated in preparation for new terms
- Manage online course launch schedule and coordinate with faculty and programs to ensure timely course readiness.
- Support development of master shell content and updates to in-progress courses.
- Support timely enrollment of students in online courses.
- Collaborate with Office of Instruction to monitor online and blended course content for accuracy, quality, clarity, and effectiveness.
- Provide orientation to new students preparing to use the LMS.
- Support faculty and programs in integration of various technologies with the LMS.
- Support training of faculty and program leaders on LMS updates and implementation of new tools.
- Oversees or participates in other projects and duties as assigned
- Provide reporting on course readiness, master shell development, course revision, scheduling and other related functions and processes.
- Bachelors degree in an area related to higher education required; masters degree with emphasis on instructional design preferred.
- Understanding of online course design; ability to identify and create high-quality educational materials desired.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in higher education, specifically online/blended learning programs; experience in undergraduate and graduate level education is desired.
- Experience with using various LMS (learning management systems) required.
- Conversant and experienced with various technologies ancillary to LMS (lecture capture, online testing, synchronous and asynchronous engagement applications, etc.).
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; experience in training desired.
- Proven ability in project planning and implementation, organization, coordination, and time management.
- Ability to autonomously and effectively manage assigned projects within specified timelines.
- Dedicated team player and collaborator with qualities of strong attention to detail, self-direction, vision, creativity, collegiality, and leadership strongly desired.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon programmatic and institutional needs
- Ability to answer question quickly and efficiently with a customer-oriented attitude
- High-energy, confident professional with an infectious enthusiasm for student success
- Resourceful and detail-oriented; skilled problem-solver
- Exemplary problem-solving skills with an ability to identify problems and provide creative solution
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.