Junior Interactive DesignerApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a dynamic Junior Interactive Designer. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Web and Information Technology, the Junior Interactive Designer is responsible for collecting and translating user insights into delightful experiences. Additionally, they will create both functional and appealing beautiful features that address our students needs. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established university
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Sep 10th, 2021
- Create concepts and lead production of existing concepts to provide complete deliverables, creating style or brand guides and templates where applicable.
- Provide guidance on the implementation of UX research techniques and testing activities to assess user behavior.
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color, and other visual elements to create innovative solutions.
- Maintain a competitive edge against competitor products and industry trends.
- Work closely with department heads and executive administration to understand product visions, developer requirements, and student feedback.
- Communicate with development and business teams to ensure designs align with requirements
- One to two years of experience as a digital or graphic designer.
- Strong design portfolio with two or more years industry-related education preferred.
- Good working knowledge of interactivity and the Web.
- Solid working knowledge of the latest version of applicable software - Mac OS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Keynote, Figma, etc.
- Ability to understand business metrics and translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences.
- Experience designing modern and responsive email templates a plus.
- HTML and CSS experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate ideas with developers and stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills to determine solutions to user interface challenges.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Analytical mind with business acumen.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Attention to detail and mastery of information design.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation, in a classroom setting, or other campus environments.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment, and demanding timelines
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances regularly.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate a computer; hears and understands voices over the telephone and in-person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.