Director of Web Technology
Notice: This job posting is no longer active.
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the Vice President of Information and Web Technology, the Director of Web Technology plans, coordinates, and supervises activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the university's websites, web applications, and internal applications, while focusing on enhancing the user experience, functionality across devices, information architecture, search engine optimization, and accessibility to meet the universitys goals. The right candidate must have the ability to proactively identify problems and seek solutions through creative and critical thinking, must-have the ability to obtain, analyze, and apply data, and must effectively lead teams of web developers and related support personnel.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Jul 25th, 2022
- Supervises, mentors, and develops direct reports. Conducts joint goal setting and performance reviews. Assists with work scheduling, hiring, and performance management.
- Supports lead web developers in conducting technical code reviews, monitors web support helpdesk systems to enhance the quality and productivity of provided support, and provides oversight and direction to QA personnel and processes.
- Works cooperatively with the university community to develop strategic and tactical plans to facilitate and coordinate the delivery of web applications and services. Coordinates, develops, and implements project plans to deliver these services. Maintains open communication with other teams and planning committees to assure efficient processes are implemented and to coordinate projects with overlapping responsibilities.
- Develops and manages web development and support procedures, tools, and documentation. This includes writing scope documents, managing source code, and developing technical support standards and procedures.
- Supervises DevOps team in delivering applications and services at high velocity and provides leadership in the design and implementation processes of web application infrastructure.
- Works with university leadership to ensure the university's web site reflects the university's vision, mission and goals.
- Works with Media team to develop web page(s), adhering to university design standards and brand identity.
- Participates in ongoing research and keeps abreast of constantly changing web design, development, and programming standards.
- Integrates site analytics into design workflow and monitors and evaluates web traffic.
- Troubleshoots and resolves website problems in conjunction with other information technology staff.
- Ensures regular testing of function and links and updating of time-specific content.
- Creates and maintains the framework for web page development, i.e. databases, content, organization, and navigational structure.
- Optimizes university websites for search engines.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; Master's degree in a design, business, or communication field preferred.
- Five years of experience in the management, design, creation, and implementation of professional websites. At least one year of experience in a management or supervisory role.
- At least one year of project management experience. Scrum Master and Product Owner certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent project management, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage large, complex projects; to communicate technical information both verbally and in writing with non-technical audiences; and to carry out strategic planning activities.
- Expert knowledge of website and application development processes from concept through implementation.
- Knowledge of various Web Content Management Systems including WordPress.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux server provisioning and maintenance, virtualization, containerization, orchestration, relational database design and optimization, and familiarity with AWS or Azure cloud environments.
- Strong graphic creation/editing skills using Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, or Figma and related software tools.
- Strong knowledge of cross-browser and cross-platform issues and design constraints of the Web.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with staff, faculty, students and the public.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.