Community Services OfficerApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a dynamic candidate for Community Services Officer to strengthen and develop community service events. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is people-oriented, has excellent organizational and communication skills, and gets along well within a team.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Jun 15th, 2022
- Planning, scheduling, and attending annual, quarterly, and monthly community service events.
- Communicating and inviting guest speakers, special visitors, and non-profits to attend or present at events.
- Coordinating with university and program administration to schedule events, facilities, and materials/supplies.
- Assisting with the promotion and execution of events.
- Building new and long-term relationships with non-profit organizations to expand events for community service and service-learning opportunities.
- Strengthening relationship with service initiatives and programs of the Corporation for National &. Community Service.
- Communicating and collaborating with program administration about the service-learning process for current students.
- Presenting service-learning programs to current students
- Managing event registration, attendance, and documenting volunteer hours.
- Communicating to students with volunteer and event information.
- Assisting students with volunteer hour tracking.
- Assisting in creating surveys and analyzing them to help improve events and services.
- Documenting event calendars and processes for future use.
- Tracking school-wide volunteer and donation activities.
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm and a strong work ethic.
- Previous experience in event coordination, community service or non-profit organizations, and business administration.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.