Assistant Director of Occupational Therapy ProgramApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
This full-time position assists the OTA Program Director in all activities related to academic leadership including planning, managing and evaluating all aspects of the program including faculty and staff, curriculum development and implementation, compliance with Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) rules and regulations. The Assistant Director performs the OTA Program Directors duties in the absence of the Director.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Jun 16th, 2022
- Work effectively with diverse populations.
- Assist the instructional staff to assure instruction follows the approved curriculum, achieves program objectives and attains desired outcomes.
- Assist with gathering data for necessary reports including but not limited to Compliance Reports, Application for Approval of Substantive Change (AASC) requests, Annual Accreditation reports, Self-Study Reports, and Re-accreditation reports.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with Program Director or designee.
- Participates in developing and implementing the Facility Retention Plan
- Evaluate curriculum, teaching methods of instruction, lesson plans and texts within the program.
- Assist campus admissions in the recruitment/selection of students for the program.
- Enhance current knowledge and skills through attending conferences, classes, reading journals and independent study.
- Teach selected courses as needed.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with State and Federal regulations as well as University policies and procedures.
- Manage the assignment of instructors to courses.
- Orient and mentor new faculty.
- An earned masters degree in occupational therapy or a related major (doctoral degree preferred) and awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Initial registration by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Current and unencumbered licensure in the state of California.
- A minimum of three (3) years of documented clinical experience.
- At least one year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level preferred.
- Desire to engage in scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning).
- Experience in the management and development of faculty and/or staff.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and processes, as defined by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in working with diverse constituencies inside and outside the campus community.
- Skill in planning and implementing projects with vision, creativity, energy, and collegiality.
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements of accrediting, state, and federal agencies for education, work experience, and certification/licensing to perform in the stated position.
- Knowledge of institutional, accrediting, state, and federal standards, laws, and/or regulations for higher education.
- Facility in using computer technology systems current in higher education. Preferred Experience:
- Experience in psychosocial OT, specialty certifications, or advanced practice certifications are a plus.
- One year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.