Adjunct Faculty, BSN- Mental Health Instructor
Notice: This job posting is no longer active.
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
Stanbridge University is conducting a search for a qualified faculty member to provide instruction in the discipline of Mental Health for the BSN Program. Reporting to the Director of BSN Program, the faculty member is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and delivering didactic and/or clinical instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods while promoting student retention and satisfaction. Faculty member is responsible for assessing student performance during the assigned course and documenting all course-related activities within the timelines established by the university.
part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Jul 25th, 2022
- Effectively delivers class instruction utilizing course syllabi and materials that are provided.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement while effectively planning and preparing for instruction and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Assesses student work in a timely fashion and conveys feedback to students.
- Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and administering academic and attendance policies.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Provide theory and/or clinical instruction according to the course syllabus
- A master's in nursing degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration.
- Four (4) year of continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area.
- Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he/she is assigned.
- Completion of at least one (1) year of experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing.
- Hold a valid, active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office/classroom setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.