Media and Events CoordinatorApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a candidate with events, communications, and project management experience for a position in the Media and Communications Department. The Media and Events Coordinator will be responsible for managing the University calendar of events, coordinating a wide variety of events, supervising a team of three Media and Events Assistants, and assisting the Director of Media and Communications as necessary. Flexibility, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are essential qualities. This position will be based in Irvine, California, but will require regular travel to campuses in Riverside, California and Alhambra, California.
full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Jun 21st, 2022
- Schedule and coordinate all University events, working with the Events Team to execute faculty meetings, student appreciation events, graduations, and more across three Southern California campuses. Events take place both in-person and virtually on Zoom.
- Maintain relationships with various vendors
- Assist with event execution including set-up, break-down, and hosting
- Create and maintain event budgets
- Monitor the Media Request System and assign tasks to various assistants and/or the creative team
- Supervise the Media and Events team, ensuring that tasks are completed in a timely fashion and up to University standards
- Communicate effectively with staff and faculty in other departments regarding their media and events requests
- Assist with document creation, formatting, and organization
- Assist the Director of Media and Communications with various marketing, communications, and events related projects
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Expertise in Zoom functions including scheduling meetings, sharing recordings, screen-sharing, and breakout room management
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Must possess a bachelors degree
- Must be able to work nights and weekends when needed
- Must be able to drive to campus locations throughout Southern California
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.