Assistant Director of Nursing, VN ProgramApply Now
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a qualified candidate to be a full-time Assistant Director for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. Reporting to the Director of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program, the Assistant Director is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination and monitoring of the nursing faculty and vocational nursing students. The right candidate must have the ability to proactively identify problems and seek solutions through creative and critical thinking and the must have ability to obtain, analyze, and apply data. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Mar 12th, 2023
- Advances the universitys and programs mission and objectives through systematic evaluation of student learning and advancement of outcomes.
- Oversees faculty recruitment, qualifications, development, and evaluation according to institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Provides leadership to the faculty for the development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of the programs curriculum plan in accordance with shared governance and institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Administers the day-to-day operation of the program including the advisement of students and direct-care clinical education.
- Monitors, assesses, and initiates strategies designed to utilize ATI resources across the curriculum to promote a culture of continuous improvement in NCLEX performance.
- Monitors all program publications to ensure compliance with institutional and accreditation guidelines.
- Generates needed communications, reporting, changes, and representations with accreditation commissions and agencies.
- A masters or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education, or administration.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience leading a nursing program or related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience as a full-time faculty in pre- or post-licensure nursing program.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience teaching in an online teaching and learning environment.
- A minimum four (4) year of continuous full-time experience, or equivalent as a registered nurse providing direct patient care in geriatrics, medical-surgical, mental health psychiatric nursing, obstetrics or pediatrics within the past five (5) years.
- Must hold a valid, active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Action oriented, innovative thinking, and flexible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work within a deadline-oriented environment.
Conditions of Employment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.