Adjunct Faculty (VN) - Clinical Instructor (Pediatrics) WeekendsApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is conducting a search for a qualified faculty member to provide mentorship and instruction in the discipline of Pediatrics for the Vocational Nursing Program. Reporting to the Vocational Nursing Program Director, the faculty member is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and delivering didactic and/or clinical instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods while promoting student retention and satisfaction. Faculty member is responsible for assessing student performance during the assigned course and documenting all course-related activities within the timelines established by the University.
part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Mar 13th, 2023
- Saturdays and/or Sundays: 8 or 12-hour shifts
- Effectively delivers clinical and or theory instruction utilizing the course materials provided.
- Develop teaching methods and strategies to engage the students in learning and to promote clinical judgment skills in the clinical setting.
- Apply the clinical judgment model and theoretical principles to evaluate students clinical competency.
- Responsible for the provision of learning experiences that facilitate application and integration of theoretical principles, active participation and experience in patient care management, and observation with active participation in professional roles for nurses in the clinical setting.
- Responsible for ensuring patient safety and for the schools compliance with policies established by the clinical agency.
- Lead as a clinical resource managing pre- and post-conferences and engaging students to reflect on their clinical experiences.
- Create and establish a professional environment that promotes student success through important characteristics of a nurse: accountability, flexibility, passion, and integrity.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting accurate student grades, reports, attendance, and student feedback in a timely manner.
- Maintains current knowledge in the performance and nursing duties assigned.
- Participates in department meetings and shared governance committees.
- Current and active California license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) required.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Four (4) years of bedside or clinical nursing experience within the past five (5) years.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Card.
- Previous work experience in a Pediatrics setting, hospitals, and/or skilled nursing facilities.
- Previous teaching experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft: Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Up-to-Date Immunization Records
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office, classroom, or clinical setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.