Information Technology ManagerApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Information and Web Technology, the Information Technology Manager is responsible for the development and coordination of the information technology department in accordance with the universitys policies, practices, and procedures. The right candidate must have the ability to proactively identify problems and seek solutions through innovative and critical thinking and the must-have ability to obtain, analyze, and apply data.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Mar 14th, 2023
- Oversees the strategy and execution of IT infrastructure for the organization.
- Reviews and manages all IT systems including:
- Microsoft, Linux, and Mac servers
- Network and firewalls
- Information security systems and services
- Classroom technology, computers, and networks
- Employee workstations
- Creates and maintains documentation of:
- Hardware and software inventory and licensing
- Network diagrams
- Security documentation
- IT policies
- Vendor information
- Analyzes the needs of different departments and determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems.
- Develops and implements business analysis, systems analysis, applications development, and quality assurance and testing policies, standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Oversees technical projects in alignment with organizational goals and directs the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Responsible for all feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the President.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field.
- Five or more years of experience in network administration and management with administrative or supervisory experience.
- A+, Network+, and Microsoft Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications desired.
- Higher level Microsoft certifications such as MCSE or MCITP certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of technologies including DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, WDS, WSUS, IPv 4/6, SANs/NAS, routing, switching, VLANs, firewalls, WAN, VMWare, HyperV, Windows, Linux, Mac.
- Bash and PowerShell scripting experience is a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.