AWS System AdministratorApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a qualified AWS System Administrator with extensive knowledge of the AWS life cycle. The AWS Administrator is responsible for providing the necessary knowledge related to the working of cloud computing, and business applications to improve service delivery. The ideal candidate posses critical thinking and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail who also has excellent communication and people skills. Reporting to the Vice President of Information and Web Technology, the AWS System Administrator will assist in the Configuration of the AWS cloud management; configure and fine-tune the cloud infrastructure systems; monitor and manage cloud services and security carefully.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Mar 24th, 2023
- Managing the complete AWS life cycle, along with security, provisioning, and automation
- Responsible for migrating existing on-prem bare-metal and virtual infrastructure to AWS
- Administrating and establishing the architecture of multi-tier systems
- Fine-tuning and configuring various cloud infrastructures
- Performing services such as kernel patching, errata patching, and software upgrades
- Creating backups and managing disaster recovery
- Maintaining access control, as well as the integrity of data, throughout the platform of the AWS application
- Effectively monitoring performance degree and its availability
- AWS Certified
- Demonstrated experience with Route53, EC2, RDS, Aurora, Lambda, Certificate Manager, API Gateway, WAF & Shield, Load Balancing, VPC, Site-to-Site VPN, ElastiCache, S3, Glacier, MediaConvert, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, IAM, cost forecasting and management
- Understanding of AWS precedents for cloud architecture
- Experience in management and operations of systems on AWS
- Experience with on-prem virtualization including VM or XenServer
- Minimum experience of one to two years an on-premises systems administrator
- Good knowledge of security concepts with practical experience in implementing security controls
- Knowledge regarding networking concepts such as DNS, Firewalls, and TCP/IP
- Deployment of AWS systems with high scalability, availability, and fault-tolerance
- Management and operations of AWS systems
- Identifying appropriate uses for the best practices of AWS operations
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.