Vocational Nursing Clinical CoordinatorApply Now
Los Angeles/Alhambra, CA
Stanbridge University is seeking a dynamic candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be the Vocational Nursing Clinical Coordinator. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Apr 18th, 2023
- Participate in the acquisition of new clinical partners.
- Provide strategic recommendations to attract new clinical partners.
- Build and maintain the growth of clinical partner relationships.
- Participate in onboarding of new clinical faculty as a clinical mentor.
- Collaborate with Program Director, Assistant Program Director, and Student Service Officer for oversight of student clinical hour completion as it pertains to the BVNPT requirements.
- Assist Program Director and Assistant Program Director with Clinical Affiliation Agreements as it relates to the BVNPT regulation compliance.
- Assist the administrative assistant with faculty and student clinical site requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the school's compliance with policies established by the clinical agency.
- Host quarterly training sessions for clinical faculty.
- Develop teaching methods and strategies to engage the students in learning and to promote clinical judgment skills in the clinical setting.
- Participate in department meetings and shared governance committees.
- Adhere to the requirements of accrediting, federal, and state agencies as well as the policies and procedures of the university.
- Create and establish a professional environment that promotes instructor and student success.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer/President of the university.
- Current and active California license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) required.
- Must possess a minimum of bachelor's in science of nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of bedside or clinical nursing experience within the past five (5) years.
- Two or more years of experience as a clinical instructor is preferred.
- Strong Medical/Surgical Skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of institutional, accrediting, state, and federal standards, laws, and/or regulations for higher education.
- Pay-range: $90k-$105k/yr
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office/classroom and/or health care facility setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in a clinical or office environment with long periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly stands or sits for long periods, walks variable distances on a regular basis.
- Uses hands and fingers to document and observes student functions and operates an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.