Director of Veterinary TechnologyApply Now
Orange County/Irvine, CA
Reporting to the Campus President, the Veterinary Technician Program Director is responsible for the daily operation, organization, administration, general effectiveness, and supervision of the Veterinary Technician Program, as well as future program planning, development, and maintaining accreditation.
full-time, salaried, exempt
Nov 6th, 2019
- Work effectively with diverse populations.
- Direct the instructional staff to assure that instruction is provided that follows the approved curriculum, achieves program objectives and attains desired outcomes.
- Interview and select staff members and provides in-service training and professional development for instructors; as well as plan, assign, and direct work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Maintain good working relations with all clinical affiliates.
- Investigate and provide suggested solutions to student and staff issues.
- Recommend class schedules, instructor assignments and resolution of personnel issues.
- Evaluate curriculum, teaching methods of instruction, lesson plans and texts within the program.
- Assist campus admissions in the recruitment/selection of students for the program.
- Schedule and attend faculty meetings.
- Represent the Institution at professional activities.
- Enhance current knowledge and skills through attending conferences, classes, reading journals and independent study.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with State and Federal regulations as well as College policies and procedures.
- Licensed veterinarian or a credentialed veterinary technician who must be a graduate of an AVMA-accredited program.
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of veterinary medicine with administrative or supervisory experience.
- 1 year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities (preferred).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values and appreciation for its employees.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,600 students. For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2017, Stanbridge University was awarded the 2017 School of the Year Award by California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for outstanding educational practices among higher education institutions. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from CAPPS for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the ACCSC Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016. For more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call 888-789-6208.